Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity list sorting bug - ACT 10.0.03

Copper Contributor

Opportunity list sorting bug - ACT 10.0.03

[ Edited ]

We just upgraded our office (about 30 users) to ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1.

We have a reproducible bug we've never had before.

I searched this forum and did not find a similar report (sorry if I missed it).

In the Opportunity List, if you first select a group of opportunties and right click and "Lookup Selected" (I do not mean "create lookup" ) and then you click on a column-header to sort that opportunity lookup, ACT breaks.

You first get a dialog window that simply has a red circle containing a white X, and a button that says OK.  If you click OK, the entire opportunity list goes blank (in other words, becomes pure white white space)  and that blank white space is outlined with a thick red line, and there is big red X from corner to corner of that space.     

You can navigate away and go do work in contacts or groups, but everytime you come back to the opportunity list the screen looks as described  above.    The only thing you can do is close the database and reopen it.  All the data is there when you come back.

I described this to my ACT vendor and he replicated it on his machine while we talked.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any word from Sage on a hotfix?

Thanks

bruce

Message Edited by btoman on 10-07-2008 10:31 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Opportunity list sorting bug - ACT 10.0.03

does anybody have feedback on this?  it would be most appreciated...

thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I tried the steps you listed on the my system with ACT! 2008 installed and I had the same results that you described. I then tested the same steps on the system where I have ACT! 2009 installed and could not produce the problem so it appears to be fixed on ACT! 2009. As to a fix being released for ACT! 2008, I would not expect to see one for several reasons. The lack of response here indicates that most users don't use that particular sequence of steps. It does not cause loss of data or any other program or database damage and there is a workaround (closing and reopening the database). All that would make it a very low priority for a fix for ACT! 2008. When I was in ACT! tech support, the answer for low priority problems (bugs) that were fixed in an already released upgrade was to upgrade to the new version.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Dear Roy:

Thanks for taking a moment not only to respond, but to verify that the bug is real!   I hear you on the low chances for this getting fixed.

One of my users ran in to the same issue on a lookup. A big red X over the screen where the contacts should appear. I exited out of ACT and ran Disk Cleanup and cleared out all of her temporary files.

We are using 10.0.1, but hopefully this will work for you.

I have the same big red X across the Contact List screen while in edit mode.  It occurs as I scroll through the records trying to clean up addresses.  It lets me go for awhile and then it just locks up and the X appears.  You can still click on the screen and see one field at a time but otherwise it's a white screen with a red X on it.  Have to shut down ACT to get the screen back.

Another problem experienced while in Edit Mode in the same screen.  If I perform a lookup in this screen the information in whatever field my curser is in when I do the lookup replaces the Company Name field in the first company listed in the results of the lookup.  (If my curser is in the zip code field of a record when I look up a company that zip code will replace the Company Name field in the first company listed in the lookup results.)  Was working in the records for quite some time before I noticed it so then I had to go through again trying to fix those records.

Problems only seem to happen when in Edit Mode in Contact List screen.