Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity fields -- turn off history recording

Copper Contributor

Opportunity fields -- turn off history recording

Hi gang

I'm using ACT 10.0.3 premium.  

Does anybody know a way within ACT, or via plugin, to make ACT not record history when you change the key fields in an Opportunity (status, stage, estimated close date, etc). 

Those key Opportunity fields are not listed in the Define Fields tool, so I can't just unclick the Record History option for them.   I am guessing that Sage locked that in as a favor to us, but my team relies on history a LOT, but for things other than changes to the Opportunities.    To get to the History items we use, we have to wade through a bunch of clutter from changes to Opportunities.   

Because there is useful history intermixed with junk history, we can't just use the Delete Histories Older Than X Days tool....      

I guess a "delete histories" tool that was a finer comb than just "older than X days" would also work for us.   But I would rather just not have history recorded in Opportunities. 

Ideas?  Thanks! 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity fields -- turn off history recording

The recording and updating of Opportunities being created as history cannot be turned off... it part of the programming.  If you would like to see this option added to upcoming versions, please submit as a Feature Request

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Opportunity fields -- turn off history recording

Thanks for the answer.  Not a solution.  But definitive.