Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity column dropdown lists ver 9.0

Opportunity column dropdown lists ver 9.0

I looked over the feature tour "opportunity tracking" and I noticed one of the columns was a drop down list. That is what I would like to have and I am not able to find anything (so far) about how to do this. Can anyone help me with this or point in the right direction for assistance?

ACT 2007/ver 9.0

David

Tuned Listener

Re: Opportunity column dropdown lists ver 9.0

To use a new drop-down list with a field, you must create the list first. Enter the items in the list and then you will import the list.

Tools menu, click Define Fields. In the List Tasks box, click Create drop-down list. Name the list and click Next. In the List Tasks box, click Import drop-down list items. Once the Import List Items dialog box appears, click Browse, locate the file you created with your list and then click Open. The Append imported items option is selected by default, uncheck the box. Click Import.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity column dropdown lists ver 9.0

"pormelanie"

Thank you for offering a solution to this post.  It's good to see a new member actively contributing to the community!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Opportunity column dropdown lists ver 9.0 & 10

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know how to create a dropdown list for the new "Opportunity Name" field?  It is the top field that by default says "New Opportunity". I want to use that as a sort field in opportunity reports and want the options to be controlled.

Have any other suggestions?  User fields are on the next tab and less accessible as a user is doing a quick opportunity...  Therefore less like to fill ouit.

Message Edited by jbird123 on 08-02-2008 05:52 AM
Message Edited by jbird123 on 08-02-2008 05:53 AM
Jay Skinner
Director of Sales
Stratis Corporation
Indianapolis, IN USA
ph# 317-328-8000 ext. 203