Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Tracking - Units not Dollars

Copper Contributor

Opportunity Tracking - Units not Dollars

Background: For daily tracking I look at the number of active Opportunities; how many are in the hooper. 

Question: Does anyone know how to set Opportunity tracking to not display the dollar sign?

What I currently do in creating an Opportunity so as to be able to graphically display Units on the Dashboard is enter my actual Cost, actual Selling Price and then under the Adjustment column enter 1.00. If there is more than one item sold in an Opportunity, after the first one, I adjust all others to 0.00.

This way graphically on my Dashboard it shows the number of opportunities by stage in the hooper except the number has a dollar sign before it.

Is it possible to create a Dashboard display without the dollar sign?

(I'm running Act! 2009 version 11)

Jeffrey

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Tracking - Units not Dollars

That field is a currency type fiel, so it is set to show a dollar sign.  As a workaround, you would need to use one of the custom Opportunity fields to show this value, then add that to your dashboard layout as a new column

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Opportunity Tracking - Units not Dollars

True...if the ACT! Dashboard accomodated customized Opportunity fields.

Have you been successful in displaying customized Opportunity fields in the ACT! Dashboard?

Jeffrey