Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Status field problem

Master Commentator

Opportunity Status field problem

Hello,

In ACT 2009, you could create a lookup for this field and type the status, "open", inactive etc into the field.

I tried this with ACT 2010 and it does not work.

I get the error message "The value you type is greater than the max field lenth.

I look in the define fields section for a field called "status", but did not see it.

I then opened the opportunity layout to try and get the fieeld name, but could not figure out what the field name is.

I did this because I thought that I could just make the field longer and all would be well.

Since none of that worked, I tried typing in a number on the lookup dialog box, figuring that the programmer made a mistake and was using the ID nbr instead of the text name. That appears to be the problem, because zero is used for the open status, 1 is used for the closed won status and 2 is used for the closed lost status.

I could not find a number for the inactive status. i tried 1-10 and 99, then gave up.

I'm not sure why this type of change happened, but I'd like to see it put back to being able to type in the status instead of a number, which isn't obvious.

Any help in having this issue resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tracy

Re: Opportunity Status field problem

Inactive is 3.  I will check to this if this is an intended change or not.
Master Commentator

Re: Opportunity Status field problem

Hi David,

Thank you for looking into this. I can tell you that in act 2009 and prior, you entered, open, closed - lost, etc etc in the status field.

I suspect that the developers hooked the status field up to the ID field, instead of the description field.