Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Reports

Opportunity Reports

I need a report that lists opportunities in the month they are created so I can calculate the amount of work proposed per month and figure out a hit rate.  The canned report carries opportunities into the next period and I do not know how to clearly identify the monthly proposed amount.  Any suggestions?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Reports

What you want could be done fairly easily by defining one of the opportunity user fields to specify the month the opportunity was created and then have an opportunity report that grouped by the content of that field. The method would require a custom report but would not require any significant scripting in the report. There is a field in the opportunity table that records the create date but using the information in that field to develop the totals you want would require both a custom report with significant scripting.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I don't understand why this report would require custom fields. I would think MOST sales people or business owners want to know this data on a regular basis. It's silly it's not able to be reported on.  The data seems to be there.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The data is there otherwise it would not be able to create such a report. However, any such report would be based on the specific needs of the user and that would require a custom report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129