Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Report by Lookup

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Opportunity Report by Lookup

I want to run an Opportunity Report by Lookup. So, in other words, I filtered my contacts by Product Name, then chose Create Lookup.  Now I want to run a Pipeline Report on JUST those contacts, but it doesn't give me the option to create the report by lookup, like other, non-opportunity reports do.  Why is that? Or, better yet, how can I do that? This is really annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author okiehiker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Opportunity Report by Lookup

I was able to get this to work by customizing and running an "Opportunities by Contact" report. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

There are opportunity reports that do allow running on a lookup of the contacts but those reports are based on the contact table. The drawback, there isn't any way to directly accumulate global totals on such a report, you would need to do the global totaling by embedding VB script programming in the report to accumulate the totals. The pipeline report that you referred to in directly based on the opportunities table and, as such, doesn't have access to the contact table. The Contact and Company fields available in the pipeline report are replicated from the contact table. Technically those could be used for filtering but at present the report runtime does not provide that filtering. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

OK, so let me be more specific. I need to run a report of all contacts that were interested in a particular product, so that I can revisit the lost sales of that product. What's my solution? It doesn't have to be an opportunity report, but those were the only ones I could find that I could customize by adding a "detail" column.
Solution
Accepted by topic author okiehiker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

I was able to get this to work by customizing and running an "Opportunities by Contact" report. Thanks for your help.