Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Report For Current Record Only - please help!!

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

Opportunity Report For Current Record Only - please help!!

[ Edited ]

Sadly, I'm afraid the answer to my question is no, however I wanted to ask the experts before giving up *cough-roy-cough*

I need to run an opportunities by contact report but only run the report on a single opportunity. I would assume Act could allow me to run any report against the "current opportunity" that I'm looking at, but sadly that does not seem to be possible.

I also do own Stonefield Query and have just started trying to create my opportunity report that way, but came up against the same barrier. Is there no way in Act to tell SQ or any report writer to only run the report for the currently selected opportunity? 

This features exists on our super old CRM program that is no longer supported. I'm trying to recreate this functionality in our new Act CRM in order to properly run job reports that we use on a daily basis. If necessary, I'm willing to delve into the realm of custom vm scripting to get this to work, but that's a little but out of my league. 

If it helps, I've have Act Premium 2011, Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2. I just purchased it a few weeks ago and am trying to get all my company reporting needs setup before we go live in a few weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ReneeM
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Report For Current Record Only - please help!!

I know this isn't avery satisfactory answer but the best choice would be to do File | Quick Print current window.

The ACT! reports don't have the capability you want and any third part application directly accessing the database likely wouldn't ahve access to which record was the current record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ReneeM
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I know this isn't avery satisfactory answer but the best choice would be to do File | Quick Print current window.

The ACT! reports don't have the capability you want and any third part application directly accessing the database likely wouldn't ahve access to which record was the current record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Skilled Commentator

Thanks for the reply Roy. I know you're the guru when it domes to Act reporting. Sadly it does have to be a report since we're pulling info from both the contact and opportunity records. I'll probably just end up creating some sort of unique ID number for each opportunity and using that as a field filter in stonefield query. 

I'm also surprised that Act doesn't have an opportunity ID field that auto populated a unique field I could use. I'll just add it to the list of things I'm surprised by that Act doesn't do. After implementation I plan on a long feature request post... 

There is a unique ID field for every record and that is used to link records together from table to table. Unfortunately the current record is information in the program but it's not in the database. There are sezuential numbering addons avalabel that could supply you with way to identify a specific record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129