Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Product Pricing - Entering a fraction of a cent?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Opportunity Product Pricing - Entering a fraction of a cent?

I need to enter a product pricing based on a fraction of a cent to reflect the cost as .1625  ( sixteen and a quarter cents) per item. ACT 2011 gives me an error message and rounds up to next penny.  In order to accurately reflect cost and size of opportunity, how do I do this?  Thanks in advance for any assistance as I'm frustrated beyond belief at this point!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Factor3
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Product Pricing - Entering a fraction of a cent?

[ Edited ]

If the laptop has the main database on it (not a remote), then you can run the update. When the server is ready, you would install ACT! and the updates, then move the database from your laptop to the server. If your laptop does not have the main database on it, I would wait till the server is ready.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello Factor3,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What is the error message you are seeing? Also, from Help > About ACT!, what is version/build of ACT! 2011, including Hot Fix number?

Here is how the currency fields (including product cost) work:
- In Tools > Define Fields, you set how many decimal places to the right of the decimal point can be used by editing the particular currency field
- The display will only show 2 decimal places but the actual number is what is retained. If you click on the cost to edit it, you will see all 4 (if that is limit you have set) decimal places displayed.

I am not aware of an error associated with using the cost field, so please provide the complete error message and when it occurs, and I will see if I can reproduce it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for your assistance.  Here is the info: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0.  Clicked on update and said I am using the most current version.  Followed your suggestion and was able to locate the fields you mentioned.  They were highlighted in gray and I saw no option to edit the decimal point.  I did see an option if I create a new field that says decimal.  Any help is appreciated.

As I read your post again you mentioned that if I type in .1625, I only see the .16, but .1625 is the number that actually is being used to calculate the totals?   If so, is there a way to view all four numbers?  Thanks.

The error message is as follows:  Field length exceeded must contain at most 16 digits and 2 decimal places.   I am only using 7 digits and I'm assuming the fact that I'm typing in .1625 is the reason for the error.

[ Edited ]

Yes, that is the actual number being calculated on.

No, this is functioning as designed. The numbers will display only two decimal points.

You are on the original build of 2011. There is a service pack and 6 hot fixes that are available for you to apply.

Service Pack 1:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2729...

Latest Hot Fix (cumulative - contains all SP1 hot fixes) - apply this after you apply SP1:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2744...

If you are using a shared database or a remote database that synchronizes with the main database, these updates must be applied to all machines accessing that database, starting with machine hosting the database.

Greig Hollister

Thanks!  One more question.  The original computer I set the database up crashed and at this time, I'm only using my laptop.  Can I update the laptop or do I have to wait for the new server to be installed and then update the software?  Sorry for so many questions and I sincerely appreciate your help! 

Solution
Accepted by topic author Factor3
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

If the laptop has the main database on it (not a remote), then you can run the update. When the server is ready, you would install ACT! and the updates, then move the database from your laptop to the server. If your laptop does not have the main database on it, I would wait till the server is ready.

Greig Hollister