Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Product Name field in ACT 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Master Commentator
Accepted Solution

Opportunity Product Name field in ACT 2010

Hello,

In ACT 2009, the producct name field was on the opportunity list view. In 2010, it isn't, so I thought, no problem, I can just add it to the view.

I opened the Customize columns dialog box, and the product name field is not in the list.

Has the field been renamed? If so, what is the new name? If it hasn't does anyone know how we can add it?

thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Product Name field in ACT 2010

The product name is part of the product table, not the opportunity table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The product name is part of the product table, not the opportunity table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
db
Copper Contributor

For my customers, its too a problem because when a customer ask the price of this products (for the last years for exemple), it's to difficult to search this opportunity. for that, it was better with the version 2009...
Bronze Elite Contributor

The two important features that are missing in ACT! 2010, that were in prior versions, are the back button and as you mention the ability to display the product name in Opportunity list view. There is widespread request for those two features to be returned to ACT!

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Master Commentator

Hi Roy,

Thank you for letting me know that the field has been moved to another table.

Is there a document that has changes like this from one version of the software to another?

Sometimes I feel bad for asking/posting questions like this, but I keep running into things that I can't explain away, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again.

The product hasn't moved, the products were on a separate table since ACT! 2005.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

The question posted was "Why isn't product an available column to add to the Opportunity View, like it was in 2009?", and your answer was 'Because Product isn't in the Opportunity Table", so the questioner naturally asked "Oh, so  there was a change to the table structure in 2010?" and you said "No it's been a separate table since 2005".  I'm going to guess the questioner gave up after that, so I'll ask for them, "If the Table structure hasn't changed between 2009 & 2010, then why can we no longer add the Product Column to the Opportunity List View"
Signature
Bronze Elite Contributor

Fate.. :-)

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Contributor

Graeme,

That's closer than "the product is not part of the opportunity table"

I think an even closer answer was that a decision was made to remove it for a reason known only to the decision makers.  I hope they'll re-evaluate that decision and return it to prior behavior.  But since it's a one to many relationship between Opportunities and Products, I don't quite know how they used to decide which product got added to the Opportunity List - was it the first product in the list?  Many users never or rarely enter more than one product in the opportunity and valued having the Product listed there - I have a long time customer with 25 users still on ACT! 2009 and we did a demo today before proceeding with the upgrade to 2010 and they're now in a holding pattern while they assess the impact of not having the product in the Opportunity List.  It's a big problem for them.  And we already staved off a sf.com attack and were feeling good about the upgrade until this came to light.

Hope all is well!

Kevin

Signature