Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity List Date Range

Opportunity List Date Range

When I am in the Opportunity List and select "current month", why do I not get the same results when I select "custom" and manualy select this month's beginning and ending dates?

Re: Opportunity List Date Range

What version of ACT! are you using?  Do you get the same results in the demo database?

I'm on 2009. No it seems not to happen on the demo data.  But what field is the date range referring to? Are these OPEN opportunities for that date range, created in that range?

I went back into my live database and I am not seeing that problem anymore.

But I do still want to know which fields the dates are filtering on.

Platinum Elite Contributor

In reports, the opportunity date filter for open opportunities is the estimated close date, for closed opportunities it is the actual close date.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy:  I am having the same issues as this user.  We are trying to filter the opportunity lists using the creation dates.  It doesn't matter what time parameter we request, "current month, custom: date to date, last week, last month" - we cannot get only the specific times we ask for.  Any direction on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Did you ever get an answer back for your situation.  We also are experiencing the same frustration.  Filters don't seem to give you what you ask for.
Copper Elite Contributor

Kbrownmkt, as Roy pointed out the filter in the report as in the opportunity list does filter for estimated close date.  Changing this filter won't give you what you are looking for as it's tied to estimated close date not create date.  Not to worry, just add the create date field to the opportunity list view by customizing the columns in the listview.  Either right click on the column headings or use the customize columns in options and add create date to the available columns and position it where you want.  Next, click on that field to sort it, once for ascending again for descending.  Once you find a date range you would like, click on the first one, hold down the shift key and click on the last one then right click that selection and choose lookup selected.  If you still had too many you could select chunks of opportunities, then right click and select "omit selected".  This should allow you to winnow down a fairly large list quickly.