Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity List/Customer Selection

Tuned Listener

Opportunity List/Customer Selection

Once I am in my opportunity list and I select to open a potential customer file, if for whatever reason I need to go back to that list, it puts me back at the top of the list rather than where I was working in the list.

Example: If I sort my Opportunity List by one of the user defined field I created called State, and I am going through my leads one by one making my phone calls to get potential customers interest, I open a customer file in New Jersey, but when I am done with that file no matter if I hit the back button or just click on the opportunity icon again, it puts me back at the top of the list in Alabama.

Any Solution?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity List/Customer Selection

Unfortuately, there is not a way to get around this.  When you click Back or switch screens, ACT! does a refresh of the data, which resets the focus back to the top of the list.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Actually there is a way around it. If you change your preferences to on the Startup tab to Open each view in its own window, the opportunities list is not refreshed. However if you are changing information on the opportunities, the changed information will not be reflected in the opportunity list.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

I have gone into Tools, Preferences, Startup and check the box to Open each view in its own window, didn't work. Even shut ACT down and reopened and still didn't work. Did I miss something else? This is something my boss is really after having the ability of doing. Could this have to do with the version I am on? Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1

It worked as I described when I tested it in 10.0.3. I would think that it should work for you.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129