Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Financial Details in History

Copper Contributor

Opportunity Financial Details in History

I have created a History report with the 'regarding & details' included, however would like to remove the reporting of the closed-lost or closed-won £ amount.

The report is being sent to an external organisation to provide that current contact history, however we cannot include the financial details.

I know that you cannot turn off the recording of opportunities in history all together, but is there any way to stop financial details being reported? Surely

the software can do this as many companies would consider this information confidential! - But for my life I can't find a way!

I have even tried to set a group or advanced query based on the '£' sign or 'closed-won' / 'closed-lost' coming up in history to create a scenario

where I could quickly delete all current records before sending the report, but can't find a way to do this either.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Chris

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Financial Details in History

To answer your main question, no, that information can't be excluded from what's recorded to history. My question is why are you using a history report rather than an opportunity report or a contact report with an opportunity subreport?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I have created a custom report based on the contact name, with an opportunities sub report to show the opportunity 'product' and pipline 'stage' along with info from the 'details' tab at the top. The reason is to send a report to referals to let them know what stage their refered person is at e.g. stage 1:initial interest to stage 6: sign up.... details relate to the opportunity like "did not show for appointment" or "signed up ok, John Doe is enthusiastic and will progress well with our product"

I then created a history sub report to show the general communication with this contact for more detailed information about meetings, telephone calls, etc, but this is where the financial details are shown which should be confidential.

Is there another way to create this report that would have the same effect without the financial details?

Thanks for your response Roy - I have seen your post and you seem like a real Act! expert. If anyone can help you can!

Roy, any reponse on this one? I'm lost here...

There is limited capability to build filtering into an ACT! report. I've had limited success doing so with VB script programming but it's very complicated. However, I think what you want can be achieved by simply unchecking the Attachments option on the History tab. That will eliminate all the program histories such as field change, opportunity changes, etc. Try that and see if it helps.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I want to achieve but just tried it and unchecking the attachements option does not stop opportunity

changes from recording. Unchecking the 'histories' option does, but it also turns off records of telephone calls made and everything except e-mails, which I want to record. Any other ideas?

Regards

Chris

Sorry that didn't work, it was worth a shot.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129