Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Export to Excel questions in ACT 2011

Master Commentator

Opportunity Export to Excel questions in ACT 2011

Hello,

I've been using the opportunty export feature and noticed some changes in ACT 2011, that I can't figure out, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to resolve the problems that I'm having.

If it helps, I'm using the demo database, word and excel 2010

Problem #1
In ACT 2010 when opportunities were exported to Excel, on the pivot table tab in the Excel workbook, the Data field has a drop-down list in Excel, now this field does not have a drop down list.

Problem #2

On the pivot chart tab, there was a Sum of Weighted total field, which was a calculation. Now, this field is not there.

I'm wondering why this functionality was removed from the export process and if there is a way to put it back?

Thank you

Tracy

Master Commentator

Re: Opportunity Export to Excel questions in ACT 2011

Is there a list of options/features that were in act 2010, but were removed in act 2011? That may help me figure out some of my questions.

Thank you
Copper Contributor

I'm debating whether to upgrade to 2011 based partially on the response to this question. Since Act! doesn't have a commission report function, I have to export Opportunities, when "won," to create a commission report in Excel.

Right now, because of the ridiculous oversight of not making Act! 2010 compatible with Office 2010, my Office upgrade broke the exporting to Excel function (as well as others). It appears that my only choice now is to upgrade Act! or switch to another CRM.

Can someone chime in here to address whether the Opportunity export function will do what we are asking?

Barry E. LaDuke
LaDuke Radiant Sales
Portland, OR 97222

http://www.LaDukeRadiantSales.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

It should be possible to create a commission report with the ACT! reports. It doesn't sounld like a very complex report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129