Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Detail View Gross Margin In Column Display

Bronze Contributor

Opportunity Detail View Gross Margin In Column Display

Before I put this in the new ideas section, just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I see that the price, cost, subtotal and total can be displayed, but the Gross Margin doesn't seem to be there. 

Is there a way to display the GM?  That would be particularly useful when there are multiple line items and we can then see the GM per line.

Regards,

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Administrator

Re: Opportunity Detail View Gross Margin In Column Display

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

You're correct. Currently there's no way to display the Gross Margin column currently in the products/services table.

Please link your idea in this thread once posted, as others may come across this thread in the future.

Nickel Super Contributor

I'm no expert, but the video is an idea

Do not forget to back up your database periodically - And before any change like this

https://youtu.be/zZd4MH5xtpg

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Bronze Contributor

This was a great solution.

By taking advantage of the parenthesis, gross margin can accommodate quantities and with a like manner add what the profit margin is.

([Price] - [Cost]) * [Quantity]        This gives the profit per line item.  The total profit is shown on the screen in the system field Gross Margin

Likewise, the markup percentage can be displayed in the column view ... ([Price] - [Cost]) / [Price]

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013