Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Contact glitch

Opportunity Contact glitch

Hi. I am having a frustrating issue. We use Act Pro 10 and have Installed patch to make ACT! more compatible with Windows 10. It has helped, However, the issue I am finding, Is that when trying to, either, Create a new opportunity or Edit an existing one, the details seem to change from the new opportunity to a randomised Customer when entering new values in products and prices. For example, Created 'New Opportunity' and while entering information, the entry has gone to 'ABC' and when 'OK-ing' this, 'ABC' has their information changed and not 'New Oportunity'. This has caused problems as some Quantities and Prices are now incorrect. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Re: Opportunity Contact glitch

Hi Jamie,

Have you been able to test this issue in another database? and is there other users reporting this issue?

We may have an article relating to this: 37996 Existing Opportunity appears when creating a new opportunity while in the Contact View - Although this was reported to be resolved in V17. you have mentioned you are running Act Pro 10.

Would you be able to provide the full Build number from Help > About Act

Hi. Thnks for the advice. Unfortunatly testing on another database isn't possible.

The full build is as follows: 'Act! Pro Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2'

Jamie

I would like to know if you have scheduled Outlook Contact or Calendar sync running?

As when the contact / Calendar sync completes this will cause your page to refresh and will change the present contact/Opportunity you are on to change to the first one on the list.

I had set it to update every minute, as I have hoped that any Outlook activity (however small) would be updated without any manual handling. I have changed it to every 15 minutes and will update after a few days. Thanks.

It has since seemed to stop being so frequent. It still does happen but on a less frequent basis. Thanks.