Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities

Opportunities

I'm trying to get ACT! Pro 2010 to track Donations for a fund raising organization.

I thought Opportunities might be able to handle this but I can’t see how to create individual opportunities in one hit.

I see that you can create a Group Opportunity, but that can't be changed/ progressed for each member of the group.

You will appreciate that they do not want to create opportunities one at a time for thousands of contacts.

The client needs to be able to report on whether the contact has made a donation, to which campaigns and how much.

Also whether they have not responded.

Any assistance offered would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Opportunities

Yes, that does indeed seem to be a challenge...

You cannot create a "batch" of oppties at once, at least not that I can see.  Even if you could, not sure how the software would manage attaching them to a bunch of different contacts "on the fly".

I have no idea what you need for reporting or other requirements, so this idea may not fit...

What if you just have custom fields on the contact record: "Donation", "Campaigns", and perhaps date.

If they nevey donate, that fields are blank.

When they do donate, enter a value in the Donation field - this tells you both that they did and how much and then use a field with a drop down list to pick the campaign.

One challenge with this is if they donate to more than one camp - you can have a multi select pick list and add another camp to the field when they do that, problem comes in on the donation value.  Perhaps this field is set to "Generate History" and that might work...

That is keeping it real simple...

Instead of creating a bunch of oppty records for everybody, create a group that shows who was in the outreach for any given campaign and then only "flag" them if they actually donated as mentioned above.

Alternatively, if this is too simplistic a solution and doesn't fit your needs, creating a custom table so that you could create multiple "Campaign" records per contact (think of how you can create multiple histories or notes for each contact) using an addon like Topline Results' Designer...

Hope this give you some ideas!

Thanks MSCOTT821

I think Topline mught be the answer.

The process will be:

1.   To post a letter for each campaign to specific groups requesting a donation

2.   To capture the amount of the donation by campaign and contact

The reports need to reflect

1.  Total campaign contribution

2.  Total contribution by contact by campaign

3.  Identify non-responders

Has anyone used Topline or some other add-on for this purpose?

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out Impact Suite for Sage ACT! It has a template designed for campaign payment tracking. ( SEE screen shot below) You can add additional fields you need to capture your payments. Once you have the add-on installed click on the "Impact Start Here!' icon on the navigation bar and select "Pledges and Payments" then click "Next" to install. 

You can now record payments for contacts, companies and/or groups  by going to their record and clicking on the 'NEW" icon on the 'Pledges' tab.

We also have a reporting tool named Impact Report Designer for ACT! allowing you to create reports on you new campaign/payment information.

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com

PledgeAndPayment.png

Bronze Super Contributor