Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities

Opportunities

I use Sage in the trucking industry.  Sometimes when I call a Contact they ask for a rate quote.  I would like to be able to add the quote information in some form that is connected to that specific Contact.  I have been using Notes for this purpose but this is very cumbersome. 
In trying to solve this issue I have been experimenting with Opportunities which is close to what I need. However with Opportunities each time I need to add a new quote, or enter a New Opportunity all the existing Opportunities show up in a selection list to be moved over if chosen.  This seems to be a cumbersome method in itself.  Is there some way of configuring Opportunities where it attaches only to an individual record or is there another way for me to accomplish my objective?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunities

On the contact screen, click on the opportunities tab and then click on new opportunity. that will automatically connect the opportunity to the contact record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: Opportunities

Glennaries --

I think Opportunities is perfect for what you need.  I use ACT in the construction industry and am using Opportunites to track freight quotes.  My Opportunity Name is a # that I assign (i.e., FQ 100).  And that specific Rate Quote can link to more than one Contact record.  On the Contacts tab in Opportunities, I link my Quote to the company the quote is for, and to the company issuing the quote.  And sometimes to other records. 

I did customize the layout for my needs.  All my notes regarding that specific Quote are recorded in the Opportunities record, not the Contact Record.  This has made me so efficient in tracking all the details of a quote.  Feel free to send me a PM if you want any other details. 

It will be so slick once you get it going...!