Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities for Non-Profits

Opportunities for Non-Profits

We are interested in using Opportunities to track our resource development process (fundraising and sponsorship). If there are any non-profits out there who have used this successfully, we'd like to learn from them. ACT! help is pretty silent on anything but product sales.
PlacerArts
Auburn, CA

Re: Opportunities for Non-Profits

I have configured the Opportunities feature to work for non-profits in the past...both for volunteer recruitment -tracking and for fund development. If you think about the "Process" being the type of work you are doing (Capital Campaign, Annual Donation Drive, Major Gift Solicitation...), and the "Stage" being the steps you need to take the close complete the "deal", non-profit work does not differ greatly from sales at all. Also, use your "Product" feature to track what you are working on from a particular donor...Capital campaign-donation, Bequest, Planned Gift etc. The dollar values in the product list can be used or left blank.

If you need some one-on-one assistance with modifying this, feel free to contact me. I worked in non-profit as a fund raiser (event based) for five years before I became an ACT! consultant so I am very familiar with the non-profit landscape.

Rhonda Burke
ACC
the RED group inc.
rhonda@theredgroup.ca