Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities by Product

Copper Contributor

Opportunities by Product

The 'Opportunities by Product' report gives the overall count for all opportunities for each Product.  Is it possible to include the Product Quantity for each of the opportunity lines?

Re: Opportunities by Product

Hello Kim,

Have you tried adding 'Total Quantity' field to the report?

How to Manage Reports in ACT!

Copper Contributor

Thanks David,

Yes, I have tried 'Total Quantity' against each row.  It gives me the same total as is show against the Product heading.  I really need the Total that has been proposed against each opportunities Product row, i.e. how many units that particular customer might buy in that particular opportunity.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway - much appreciated.

Kim

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want. Depending on exactly what totals you want, I believe they can be developed, possibly fairly simply but more likely it would require VB scripting to get the totals.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Something like this Roy....

Product Name: Product 1

Company    Contact    Quantity    Estimated_Close_Date    Probability_of_Close    Subtotal

Table of rows taken from all opportunities within a certain date range for this product - Product1 - in this case

It's "simply" a case of lifting the lines for this product from all opportunities.  At least it sounds easy!!

Does this explain things better?

Kim

Platinum Elite Contributor

It's far from simple. The opportunities and the product information are located in two separate tables. I don't see any way of doing what you want without creating a completely different report template and using embedded VB script programming.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129