Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities Report

Opportunities Report

I am trying to edit a formula in an existing report template.  Example - Opportunities Report, wanting sales greater than $5,000.00.  Can this be accomplished?  I tried to run the report from a querry first but it did not work.  I selected current lookup on the report options but received all opportunities instead of just the filters one.  Any other suggestions.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Opportunities Report

You would need to do the lookup and then run the report against current lookup - a formula in a report wouldn't really do what you want.  If the report dispalyed all opps dispite current lookup being selected this means that you either have a bad lookup, damaged database, damaged report or damaged install.  For the record though I have never seen current lookup run against the whole db unless the lookup was the whole db - thats not to say your wrong it would just be very unusual.

Tom

OPPORTUNITIES REPORTING

[ Edited ]
Smiley MadYou tell me that either I have a bad lookup ( which seems to work fine), damaged database (which I have done Database Maintenance: Check and Repair and still get opps under 5,000), damaged report or damaged install. BUT you do not tell me how to resolve any of these issues and I still have a problem.

{orphan post moved here by moderator}

Message Edited by tashina on 02-19-2008 02:41 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: OPPORTUNITIES REPORTING

Unless someone tells us differently here, this is one of my complaints about ACT! reports. Opportunity Reports don't give you an option to run by lookup. They ALWAYS run ALL contacts. That's really inconvenient.  Is there REALLY no way to run Opportunity Reports for a filtered lookup??
Platinum Elite Contributor

These Opportunity Reports have the option to run for a contact lookup:

Opportunities By Contact

Opportunity Pipeline

Opportunity Graph

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Thank you! Now that's helpful information. I was able to customize the Opportunities Report by Contacts, and added Details and Notes. There seems to be a little glitch, in that it's duplicating the most recent note, for some reason. Still working on getting rid of that, other than choosing the don't print duplicates option in the formating of the field.