Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opening databases from (very) old versions of Act?

Opening databases from (very) old versions of Act?

I do some tech support for real estate company who has no on-staff IT. One of the users uses an older version of ACT, version 5.0.4.495. She has quite a few records and a number of reports that she runs, etc. She did not set this up herself, it was done by a former tech-savvy employee who knew real estate. I personally know nothing about ACT, or about Real Estate for that matter.

My question is, will a current shipping version of ACT open/import the data from a version that old? What about the reports that exist in the old version? Will they be imported as well, or would all that need to be recreated? She needs to get off that older version, which feels like it's held together with wire and duct tape. But I have concerns about being able to recreate her environment in a newer version. She is definitely not strong with tech issues.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opening databases from (very) old versions of Act?

Yes, ACT! 2009 (11.0) will convert an ACT! 2000 (5.0) database... but it's usually better to download the ACT! 6.0 trial from the knowledge base and run the database clean in ACTDIAG and reindex first.

It's usually better to re-create the reports.