01-11-2011 07:15 AM
I recently (12/2010) compressed files to utilize storage space. I just purchased and installed Act Pro 2011.
When I try to open an existing database, I'm now being asked to log in with a password. I've never assigned a password to this software or shared the database. I went into the Sage knowledgebase looking and followed the instructions for "de/un-compressing" files and now am receiving an error there also."Error Applying Attributes"
Can anyone help?
Is there anyway to default the request for password?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
01-18-2011 11:23 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!
If you are still having an issue/error trying to decompress your database files, try stopping the SQL service first. To do this:
- click on Windows Start button
- select Run if using XP. use Search field if Vista/Windows 7
- enter 'Services.msc' and hit enter
- on Services screen > scroll down to locate 'SQL Server (ACT7)'
- right click on it and select Stop
- attempt to decompress files
- when complete > right click on service and select Start
- attempt to open database