Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Open various contact at the same time

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Open various contact at the same time

HI All,

New to this portal and hope someone can help me.

Is there any way you can work in an Act contact, quickly open an other contact and than go straight back into the contact you were initially working in ? And I mean this in like a pop up style to quickly check something in the one contact whilst the other contact is still running.

Am I making any sense ?

Look forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Gert.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TregNav
‎08-17-2017 03:37 AM

Re: Open various contact at the same time

Hi TregNav,

Within Act! you are unable to have multiple windows of the same type open at once (Ie: 2 contact detail views) You can have a Contact window and a Groups window open via the 'Open each view in its own window' option that can be found here 'Tools > Preferences > Startup > tick the Open each view in its own window' box.

The best way i could recommend to switch between 2 contacts quickly would be by creating a lookup of these contacts. this will allow you to use the arrow button near Detail view / List View to switch between the lookup quickly.

26841 How to perform a lookup in Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TregNav
‎08-17-2017 03:37 AM

Re: Open various contact at the same time

Hi TregNav,

Within Act! you are unable to have multiple windows of the same type open at once (Ie: 2 contact detail views) You can have a Contact window and a Groups window open via the 'Open each view in its own window' option that can be found here 'Tools > Preferences > Startup > tick the Open each view in its own window' box.

The best way i could recommend to switch between 2 contacts quickly would be by creating a lookup of these contacts. this will allow you to use the arrow button near Detail view / List View to switch between the lookup quickly.

26841 How to perform a lookup in Act!