Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Open same data base and OUTLOOK as the default client

Tuned Listener

Open same data base and OUTLOOK as the default client

Is there a setting to tell ACT to always open the same data base. Almost daily when I open act it asks me to either create or to open an existing data base. I always use the same data base so do not want to go through the selection process. There is my data base and a test data base that was created by act when I first installed. When I do open the data base I need to reset all of the mail settings in preferences.

Problem # 2 when I set up the mail, in this case I am using outlook, I am being told there is no default mail client. I go the settings in WIN10 and outlook is my default mail app.   Any ideas as to why ACT is no seeing this?

I am using WIN 10 Pro 64 and Office 2010 64 bit

Employee

Re: Open same data base and OUTLOOK as the default client

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Tools > Preferences > Startup > startup Database...

Also in Preferences check the email tab for Outlook integration is the info being lost?

example2.png

Tuned Listener

Thank you I changed the preferences for database startup to reflect the specific data base from open last. Not sure about the Outlook data being lost. Ill work with this for a week or so and let you know if it works 

Tuned Listener

This did not work    Thank you for the input but the opening screen went to the choose a data base window.. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

try to open Act as Administrator (right mouse Click), and then try do do the settings again

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Tuned Listener

I was hoping this would work and I have not had an issue until today. I opened ACT as I always have from the taskbar and it did not open the data base. So I closed ACT and opened it as administrator from the desktop icon. Data based opened but the email was not setup, so I set it up again. Getting very frustrated with ACT. 

Copper Elite Contributor

(Posted 3 times already in some other threads...)

Short comment from my side on the ever recurring recommendation to run ACT and/or Outlook "As Admin" in various places in the community and the knowledge base:

This is NOT a permanent solution to any problem allegedly tackled by this "recommendation". It is dangerous and causes lots of problems following the decision to accept this as a solution. Losing the search function is amongst the lesser ones. There is almost always the same reason for the "necessity" to do this: ACT has not been installed with proper "rights" before.

Uninstall and re-install using a signed-on local Admin and run the setups "as Administrator".

NEVER elevate a user manually when doing an installation and NEVER forget to run a setup "as Admin".

I simply do an uninstall/reinstall following a.m. rules whenever  I come across a problem that seems to be solvable by running ACT/Outlook "as Admin" AND THE PROBLEMS GO AWAY.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de