Do you mean 

Open database from another machine

Tuned Listener

Re: Open database from another machine

I got the same error.
Sussertown
Tuned Listener

Any issue with the password? I am using one I was given a long time ago: ACTBYSAGE1!
Sussertown
Platinum Elite Contributor

No, the error you are receiving would not even get you to the login screen and also would not be caused by an incorrect password. There are several reasons why you might be getting the "database could not be accessed" error. These reasons and corresponding solutions are documented in KB Article 19640. Please go through this article and see if the information in there helps to resolve the issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Do you still have access to the database on the old machine?

If so, it'd be MUCH simpler to backup the database on it - burn it to a cd or send the file via network to your new machine and do a "Restore As" restore of the database to whatever location you choose.

Tuned Listener

I have printed the kb article. Looks good. the last time I opened the database on the new machine which is now running again, I selected SHARE. I had not done that before. I want all the databases shared all the time so I don't have all this brain damage. thanks.
Sussertown
Tuned Listener

Maybe this will be my last question. On my Slave machine I run Outlook and back it up to the Master machine. Act is just the reverse. When I open Outlook on the Slave I get an error message that one file.pad is locked. I just want to stop the error. There is no such pad file at this point on the Slave. There used to be. The only file by that name is now in a zipped backup.
Sussertown