Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Only recording history for certain contacts

Only recording history for certain contacts

I have ACT! 2010 tightly integrated and synced with Oultook 2007.  Therefore, I have many personal contacts of which I do not need history recorded.  Is it possible to set up ACT! so that is only records history for specially selected contacts?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Only recording history for certain contacts

Not really... it records History when sending emails if you have a Contact with a matching address.

So, you could remove the email addresses from the records, but then they wouldn't be in the address book

Another option is to mark the personal contacts as Private... then other users won't be able to see them or their history

Thanks for your response!  So are you saying there is no way to create a list of contacts I'd like to track the history for and not track the history for the rest of my contacts not on that list?  That's what I really want to do because it will take way too much time to go through all of my 7000+ contacts and mark which ones are personal.  Plus, some of my business contacts I may not need to track the history for them.

No. Not an option.

Another option is to have it NOT record the History automatically and then you manually attach those you want.

A while back, we wrote a plugin for a user that would mark the actual emails in History as Private based on certain rules... but this sounds like overkill for you. As the demand was low, we didn't create a commercial generic product and have to customise the product for each implementation - eg for you, we could say if the contact is a member of a specific Group, then mark emails as Private.

I would love to be categorize my contacts into different groups and have the option to track history of group members or not by simply checking a box or something like that.  Are there any plans to add an equivalent feature?

I have record history turned off because the ACT.Outlook.service kept trying to record the history for people who are not in my database which caused the service to keep eating ram until it craps out (see attached).

Any other ideas?

How do you have " it NOT record the History automatically and then you manually attach those you want."  I tried turning off the automatic function, but how do you manually attach an email to an Act contact/