Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

One User's Scheduling is Off by One Hour

Copper Elite Contributor

One User's Scheduling is Off by One Hour

ACT 2010 ver 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1 on 3 machines, one of which is acting as the server.

When User B schedules a meeting for 10:00 a.m. it shows as 9:00 a.m. on the server and on User A's calendar.  User B's calendar shows the meeting at 10:00 a.m.   This is true for all events and time periods.

I confirmed that User B, as well as all 3 computers, is running Win XP SP3 and set for Central Time US and is set to automatically adjust for DST.  Also, the time on User B's computer is correct (coordinated with NIST's TimeSet).

Summary Example:

1. User B's clock is showing the correct time of 11:30 a.m.  She schedules an appointment for 2:00 p.m. today and her schedule reflects the appointment as scheduled.  

2. Server clock is showing 11:30 a.m. but the appointment is showing as 3:00 p.m.

3. User A clock is showing 11:30 a.m. and the appointment at 3:00 p.m.

This one has me puzzled.  We've restarted computers, network, etc.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: One User's Scheduling is Off by One Hour

[ Edited ]

The one user may have had a timezone applied to the username.  The following article contains steps for changing the TimeZone setting for a user through the 'Actdiag' program: Change timezone for user 

Note: For Act! 2010, the command is 'Actdiag'.

Be sure and backup your database before making this change (File > Backup > Database).

Message Edited by gmartin on 03-31-2010 10:47 AM
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

Greg,

Thanks for the link.  I ran it for all users (set the time zone to Central - US & Canada) and now it is reversed.  User B's appointments are 1 hour earlier where before they were one hour later.

The new predicament:

Scheduled a meeting on User A machine for 3:30p and it appears as 2:30p on User B.
Created a note on User B at 3:15p and it shows on User A at 4:15p.

The server still agrees with User A events.

Outside of ACT all times, file dates, etc. and correct.  It is only within ACT that I'm encountering this problem.  User B machine does not host any ACT databases other than the demo dbs.

Also, I originally ran the time zone adjustment for just User B and let it run for 15 minutes.  It appeared nothing was happening so I clicked Exit.  I then ran the time zone adjustment for all users and it completed with a notice within 1 minute.  (3042 records in db).

I still can't figure this one out.  How can I get SQL Server to recognize the correct time for User B?

Platinum Super Contributor

Let's see if it is specific to the database, the username, or the computer:

- open the local demo database on User B's computer and test (Demo username is Chris Huffman, no password)

- try signing onto shared databse through B's computer but with User A's credentials and see if the activities adjust their times for User A

- also try signing onto the shared database through A's computer with User B's credentials and test 

Greg Martin
Sage