Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

On workstations, after login, displays white (blank) page. Title bar displays Database name.

On workstations, after login, displays white (blank) page. Title bar displays Database name.

Running XP SP3 on "server". and 2 workstations.  Version is SAGE ACT 2012 pro.  ACT is fully installed on all.  Database is shared on server.

Was running fine on one workstation.  Then workstation stopped connecting.  Had to click on Share Database again which makes me think something had upgraded or got changed on "server".  Since then after logging in the page goes blank.

Then did a new install on second workstation and get same blank results.  Only the "server" can be logged into and displayed.

Read all the previous posts related.  I have thus far ...

Deleted and rebuilt preference file

Reinstalled SQL server on workstation

Deleted and reinstalled .net framework 3.5 on workstation

Ran Windows update for everything (did not upgrade to .net Framework 4.0)

Updated monitor and video drivers

Changed resolutions.

Recreated PAD file.

Checked that all are running same version of ACT.

A couple of times a small aquare section displays after login at top right that brackets the search option.  

There are no application errors in event viewer.  And none that match what has been posted.

What I have not done yet is remove everything and start over.  I also have not rebuilt preference file manually, only through actdiag.   There are no custom web links to worry about and we use Outlook for email.

This only happens on the workstations.

I have exhausted everything I've seen posted.  Can someone suggest a new direction to try?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: On workstations, after login, displays white (blank) page. Title bar displays Database name.

First, when sharing the database, the SQL on the workstations isn't really used.

Does the Share on the server remain on?
Can the workstations open a local database (eg Demo)?

Re: On workstations, after login, displays white (blank) page. Title bar displays Database name.

Hello and thank you for the quick response.

Yes the share has remained on.  The Demo database also brings up the blank page.

And on the server all still works fine.

Keith

I will repeat my original list of efforts including a manual preference file rebuild.

With 2/3rds of users unable to access SAGE ACT, I am still very interested in any new suggestions for this issue.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Cooperweb,

This can occur for several reasons, including UAC and damaged preferences.  Here is an article addressing this issue: KB Article 28752

Greg Martin
Sage

Follow up.  Got myself locked out of the forums or would have been sooner.

After exhausting the few avenues suggested (XP < UAC) and rebuilding prefs via the tool and manually;  I uninstalled ACT on the misbehaving PC's then reinstalled.  This was not neccessary for the "server" as it hadn't encountered the problem.

The reinstalled workstations all regained functionality.  Thanks for the quick responses and assistance.

Keith Cooper

Platinum Super Contributor

Keith,
Glad to hear you have resolved the issue! Thank you for posting the update.
Greg Martin
Sage