Search instead for 
Do you mean 

On or Before "Today" Filter Includes Tomorrow for Dynamic Group Membership

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

On or Before "Today" Filter Includes Tomorrow for Dynamic Group Membership

[ Edited ]

The "on or Before Today" Filter Includes records with tomorrow dates for Group Membership purposes (i.e. it's incorrect) even though the supporting query does not include records with tomorrow dates (i.e. it's correct) .

I created a dynamic group membership query for birthdays on or before "Today" and the group includes birthdates 11/17/2011, tomorrow's date.  Interesting enough is the fact that when I click preview for the supporting query, only those birthdays on or before 11/16/2011 (today's date) are listed.  Not sure why or how filters at the group level would be different than their supporting queries.  Any ideas?

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I am using ACT! 12 Hotfix 2.

Thank you.

Alex

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author alexlimbert
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: On or Before "Today" Filter Includes Tomorrow for Dynamic Group Membership

The issue was first reported in 2012 but further testing found it to exist in 2011 as well. To report an issue, you can post it on this board. Just include the version of ACT! you are using (from Help > About ACT!), the steps you took to reproduce the issue, and what the actual and expected results are. We will test the issue, submit it, and provide an update or workaround when more information becomes available. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of any potential program issues.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Alex,
This is a reported issue that is currently under investigation, Using the word "Today" with a custom date field in the dynamic criteria will not add the members to the group. The workaround is to instead use "Within Last [days]" for the operator with a value of 1. You can also use the "Within Next [days]" operator for future dates.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply Greig. Actually, my test results are a little different than what you described.  Using the word "On or Before Today" with a custom AND NON CUSTOM date fields in the dynamic criteria (i.e. the query preview)  "WILL work and limit the results to dates on or before today" however the Group's Contacts tab will NOT work and will include tomorrow's dates as well.

Actually the work around does not work for me because I need ALL dates on or before "Today" and an operator of 1 just gives me today and yesterday.  I guess there is another bug, I used the operator 36500 since I won't be around in 100 years and got no results.  This also appears to be faulty coding.

The only work around I can do is enter dates one day ahead of their actual date.

Do you know how long this coding error has been in ACT!?  Also, where can I go to report this bug since it's different than the reported issue you mentioned?

Thank you Greig.

Alex

Solution
Accepted by topic author alexlimbert
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The issue was first reported in 2012 but further testing found it to exist in 2011 as well. To report an issue, you can post it on this board. Just include the version of ACT! you are using (from Help > About ACT!), the steps you took to reproduce the issue, and what the actual and expected results are. We will test the issue, submit it, and provide an update or workaround when more information becomes available. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of any potential program issues.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Thank you and I appreciate your excellent support Greig.