Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Old email addy wont go away

Copper Contributor

Old email addy wont go away

Ok, I have ACT 2009, business friend of mine changed emails and his old one no longer works.  I have changed it in ACT and Outlook and delted my outlook.NK2 folder yet anytime i try to send to friend@xxxx.com (new one) it fails and comes back with a report that it tried to send to friend@yyyy.com  This happens when I type it in directly from outlook or if i click on the correct addy within ACT.  I am assuming ACT has a memory base somewhere yet I cant seem to find it.  Any help?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Old email addy wont go away

To see if it is retaining the information in Act! or in Outlook: remove the Act! address book from Outlook and then send an email to them directly through Outlook again.  Then readd the Act! address book to Outlook and test again.  This may refresh the information.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Well I cant even find in outlook where i would do that.  I pull up contacts and all I get is the one contact i have entered since I deleted the outlook.nk2 file.  Nowhere in outlook can i find anything to do with ACT.  man, my brain is so fried trying to fix this problem. 
Platinum Super Contributor

Here are articles for adding the Act! address book to Outlook:

Outlook 2003 - KB Article 19204

Outlook 2007 - KB Article 21428

Go through the steps and remove address book if it has been entered.  If it hasn't been entered, I don't see how it could be pulling the 'phantom' information from the Act! database.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Ok, so I went and attached it to outlook 2003, thx for the link.  Thing is now, it still does it.  Worse part is now eveythign moves so much slower, lol.  Any other dieas?