Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Old Data Base

Copper Contributor

Old Data Base

We are using ACT 2010 and recently signed up for Swift Page. We just began to sent out email advertising from our ACT DB. and we plan to send out fairly large quarterly email campaigns.

Here is the problem, We have a fairly large DB (79K records) However, much of the DB is out of date and we are having way too many emails bounce. Of course this is not good for us or Swiftpage. The data base really needs to be cleaned.  Can anyone recommend a 3rd party or a method we can employ  to purge our DB of old outdated information such as old business names, phone/fax numbers, addresses and email addresses that are no longer valid?

Ted Pinelli

Bronze Contributor

Re: Old Data Base

Ted I am assuming from your question that you have identified the records that need updating. I think the first thing I would do is to put them in a group (i.e. Rejected Email)

Now you can create a lookup of these and do a couple of things

a) Send another email from Outlook to verify that the email was rejected to Swiftpage. I am find with a number of my clients the bounce backs are questionable from this organisation.

b) There are a number of external sales agents you might use to revalidate the entries but you have not indicated do you want to update them or remove them from the database

c) You could also put them in a group then use edit replace to remove the email address until they are updated with new details.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: Old Data Base

Paul, No we do not know what data is good. (78,000 records) We need to get it clean and maybe add to it. We would be looking for a a way or a 3rd party company who is familiar with an ACT DB that can help us get the DB cleaned up. We need to validate the individual's email address as well as the company and address (is the company still in existence) Can you point us in the right direction or make some recommendations as to who can help us with this project?

Ted Pinelli