Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Old Act! Ares DB

Old Act! Ares DB

I haven't used ACT! in a while and recently bought ACT! 2009. I have imported my Outlook contacts into ACT! with no problem. I also have an old ACT! (v.6?) ARES (CoStar overlay product that is no longer available or supported) database on a external HD that is a .dbf file. I am trying to convert the database and open in ACT! 2009 but I am getting a "timeout/server" error. I'd like to open the database to review it and see if there is anything that I can still use...

I did some searches for similar issues and it seems I should run ACTDIAG, but I don't have the old version on ACT! and do not believe I can use ACT! 2009 to run the diagnostic on this old file... 

Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Old Act! Ares DB

It sounds like all you might be interested in is the basic contact information which is in the DBF file which can be opened in Excel for review.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks. I didn't even think about Excel. Smiley Happy I viewed the contacts and for some reason the email addresses were not one of the columns...
Platinum Elite Contributor

They wouldn't be. ACT! 6 stored email addresses in a very strange way and the only way to see them would be with ACT! 6 and then an export from ACT! 6.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129