Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Office Professional Plus x86 Outlook integration broken - Word is fine

Office Professional Plus x86 Outlook integration broken - Word is fine

Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 4

Office 2013 Processional Plus x86

Windows 8.1 x64 edition

I am able to use Act with Word without problems; hoever, when I try to setup the mail within act, it tells me that Outlook is not the default mail client -- then it tells me that it work integrate with a 64bit version of office -- its not a 64bit version.

I went into the control panel, and made sure using the default programs that Outlook is the default mail client. 

I read the KB related to the redemption dll, and performed that operation, no change in behavior

Someone suggested installing the VSTO would help, I did, it doesnt.

I have restarted after each trial to try to identify why it wont connect to outlook.

I temporarly set the macro security to allow any, no change in behavior

In the list of add-ins, I can see the ACT! Outlook Addin, however, it does not have a path listed, nor does it have the publisher in the details area. Clicking on options indicates that there are no addin property pages to display.

I am out of ideas as to what to try, can you please help me get Outlook 2013 working?

THanks,

John

Re: Office Professional Plus x86 Outlook integration broken - Word is fine

This is most likely happening because the version of Microsoft Office you have installed was installed using Click-to-Run. Click-to-Run has been known to cause issues with not only our add-ins, but other third party Microsoft Office add-ins as well. In order for Act! to integrate properly, you would need to make sure that you have the full Office Package installed. You can verify whether your version is Click-to-Run by following the following Microsoft documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff864733.aspx

If your version of Office is Click-To-Run, you can use the following Knowledgebase article for steps on uninstalling the Click-To-Run version and installing the full version: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff864733.aspx (It doesn't specifically reference Office 2013, but the steps will still work)

After installing the full version of Office, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Act! in order to be able to properly integrate with Outlook.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

The version of office I installed was from a CD, it is not a click-once version; and when asked for a license, I entered a Key, I did not connect it to an Office 365 account ( I do not have one )

Silver Super Contributor

Try reinstalling and choose the option for custom install and tell it to install the entire Office suite locally on the computer.  You shouldn't have to uninstall first.  You can go to Add/Remove programs and select change.  That's the way that I do all of my installs and they almost always work without any problems.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Office was fulling installed (I always choose custom and indicate that everything should run locally).  I will reinstall office 2013; after I do, do I need to reinstall Act?

BTW, this is a completely fresh computer, Windows 8.1 + Office 2013 + SQL 2012 + Visual Studio 2013 + Act.

Silver Super Contributor

Did you go into Outlook and enable the ACT! dlls?  You shouldn't have to but on some systems they get disabled and need to be manually enabled.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

The only addin that is currently disabled is mssphtb.dll (the search indexer).

When I look at the list of add-ins, I see the Act! Outlook Addin marked as a COM Add-in, but as I indicated in my first post, there is no path for this DLL -- all of the other COM addins have paths listed. 

Too me, it looks like the Act Install did not correct install the COM object for Outlook.  I have reinstalled Act, but the behavior did not change. 

Silver Super Contributor

I think it just says mscoree.dll.  Is that what yours says?  It doesn't have the path.  Make sure that it isn't disabled (check the dropdown).

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Its blank. -- no path, no DLL/Assembly listed.

It is not in the list of disabled add-ins.

After Repairing office as you suggested; when I launched act, it told me that an email system had not been setup. so I clicked Yes, to set one up and they was immediately prompted with a message box indicating that Outlook was not the default mail client.

Basically, repairing office provided no change in behavior.  Should I uninstall/reinstall Act now and see if that helps?