Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Office Errors Sending Email with Act 2011 Pro

Copper Contributor

Office Errors Sending Email with Act 2011 Pro

Every time I send an email using Outlook 2007, Windows 7 event viewer gives me 2 Office Event ID 0 errors "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Other than that, the transition from 2010 to 2011 worked quite well.

Copper Contributor

Re: Office Errors Sending Email with Act 2011 Pro

[ Edited ]

Apparently this is a bug as confirmed and duplicated by Act Technical support.  Has anyone else with 2011 looked in the Windows event viewer to see if errors are generated each time an e-mail is sent?

Copper Contributor

Can anyone using 2011 and Outlook check to see if they are getting the 2 event view errors "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" with every email sent?

Copper Contributor

I have been using Act Pro 2011 every day.  Until this Monday, sending emails from Act Pro 2011 to Outlook 2010 worked perfectly.  First Act would not mount the database.  Got that solved and now I am getting the email error message.  These things seems to happen during a deadline of notifying your customers via email about something important.  Have tried every trick in the book I can find in the knowledgebase and cannot get it to work.

What blows me away is that it all was working properly last friday.  Did nothing except to turn my computer on.  Go figure!

Copper Contributor

What e-mail error message are you getting?

Copper Contributor

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

We will also have ActMail MFC crash shortly after.

Copper Contributor

For what it is worth, I have been getting that error message from day one. Fortunately, it causes no other problems that I am aware of. I just hate seeing hundreds of error messages in the event viewer every week.

Copper Contributor

I find myself cut off from all of our customers, unless I want to send a thousand emails by hand today.  We also use email as the primary way of communicating with both customers and prospects.  We are dead in the water until this is resolved.

Copper Contributor

Can someone from Sage verify that this is being worked on and is a known issue?

It is specific to Windows 7?  I'm having the issue using Windows 7 and Office (Outlook) 2007.

Copper Contributor

Anyone know if the newly released SP1 for 2011 resolves the email "object error"?   Has anyone installed SP1?