Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Office 365 intergration problem

Office 365 intergration problem

I accidently changed my computer name and found that Act was not working so I changed the computer name back. Act works now but office 365 integration does not. I am getting the following error message

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following errorThe RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from Hresult: 0x800706BA). 

I suspect it is a windows registry issue but would appreciate suggestions before I try editing the file.

Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3

Windows 10 Home

64 bit operating System

Thank you

Administrator

Re: Office 365 intergration problem

Hi there Zar1001,

That particular message can crop up for a number of reasons - but commonly it's because either 1) Outlook isn't installed correctly or 2) Act! has failed to detect the existing installation of Outlook.

Act! can fail to detect outlook for a number of reasons, quick checks would be to try running Act! as admin, disabling Windows User Account Controls - as well as temporarily disabling any AV or Firewall software.

Often the best catch-all response, which saves fiddly registry editing, is to simple reinstall the Act! software - this will redetect the existing install of Office, as well as rebuild any registry keys or temporary files.

Re: Office 365 intergration problem

Thanks, I restored the database and it fixed the problem