Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Odd Lookup results for single User

Astute Commentator

Odd Lookup results for single User

Hi All, I am at a loss to understand why when one of my users does a look up, they get a different result to everyone else. I am expecting it will be something super simple. Is there something like a filter or some the user could accidentally have active? version of Act! we are using is 19.2 Update 3. Any questions or issues let me know.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Odd Lookup results for single User

Could you specify "lookup", there are so many possibilities for "lookups", e.g. a lookup for a certain field or "lookup all contacts" or or.....?

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Astute Commentator

Yeah right,

I'll qualify this, by saying I am not particularity experienced with Act! so bare with me and ask plenty of questions.

I hope this answers your question.

On the "Contacts" page customer > in the case if the missing contacts customer will right click the "address" field > (the customer knows the address where the contact live) in the "Lookup Contacts" window  Field - Mailing Address  Operator - Contains, Value - %xxxxx (I have just xed out the address). 

The result that is returned is 4 contacts, when there is 6, if searched from any other account. The customer can find the missing contacts by name, however its odd that this customer is the only one that has the issue. It feels like it must be something like a filter setting (or something along those lines), however I've checked the locations I know, and have been unable to find any difference in settings from another account that is able to see all 6 of the contacts. 

does that help?

Copper Elite Contributor

Check if the user seeing 6 contacts has set 2 of them to a status called "private". This would prevent other users in the database from seeing those 2.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do they all link to the same database or do they sync individual databases back to the server?

I would run database maintenance, check and repair, from tools in ACT on the server and any syncing remotes which will rebuild index files.

Astute Commentator

Hi Ch1p,

thanks for the reply. I would be inclined to agree with you if the issue occurred for all users. Seeing as only one user is affected, I feel it's most likely going to be a setting, or something specific to that users act profile.