Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object with Act 2011/Outlook 2007 issue

Object reference not set to an instance of an object with Act 2011/Outlook 2007 issue

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?  Was working fine with Vista, but updated to a new computer running Windows 7,and this problem crops up.  Have researed every KB article I have found, tried just about everything -- still an issue.

Interestingly I did find something I hadn't seen commented upon in any article or formum -- I opened up ACT 2011 *before* without opening up Outlook, and the email *did* open up -- I sent the email through Outlook (it actually got sent when I opened Outlook -- it was in the Out box -- and it went through fine.  

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I'm about to chuck ACT (which I've worked with for over 20 years) and look for a CRM program that really works.  Any ideas or recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object with Act 2011/Outlook 2007 issue

Jay,

it sounds a bit unfair to me, you did update the os, and now you are blaiming ACT. (that did work well before)

i can recomend 3 things, that you should try to do before dumping ACT.

1. i would recomend to uninstall act, and reinstall it, and make sure that you install the latest servicepacks & Patches for ACT2011

2. i would also recomend to update ACT to ACT16, as you spent $ to upgrade your OS, you should also consider to spend some $ to update the program that is serving you since 20 years.

3, companys like DesignR1 also offer a connector for ACT2Outlook, that may also help you to fix the issue

Act needs to connect with the OS, with Outlook, with word and with Excel, and as Microsoft did make big improvements between vista and windows7 also act! did get a huge amount of fixes and Ajustments to connect better and faster with other products.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object with Act 2011/Outlook 2007 issue

Hey Jay,

Your softwares and os should work fine together but without knowing how you performed your move to new pc and os, your results here may not yield a solution? But I would be happy to make some guesses?

Do you have the most curr 2011 ServicePaks/Hotfixes in place  http://act.com/support/download-center/ 

and correct microsoft .net framework - reference - (control panel/programs features).

Manually check for windows Updates and apply as needed.

Still have problem?

if yes,

Backup your ACT! databases - ACT! / File / Backup  /  databases and personal files...

Delete your ACT!2011 Preferences

Still have problem?

if yes,

Run ACTDIAG

database Rebuild Options

then detach database

close actdiag

delete your act2011 .pad file and open your 2011 .adf ( a new .pad file will then be created ).

Hope that helps - cheers - FSB Smiley Happy

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html