Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object msg after changing the Basic Company Layout

Object reference not set to an instance of an object msg after changing the Basic Company Layout

Hi there! I was just changing the Company layout on the Design Layout when I got the msg above. On the right hand side of the Design Layout there is a Divisions box that seems to be resident to the program. As our clients are not organized by divisions, I minimizd that box, and used the space underneath to add new field boxes. The Select Field window opened up, and after creating a new field, and adding to the field box, the error message appeared. It seems I am in a loop: I cannot closed down the Select Field window not can I create/select a field name for the open boxes. The rest of the program is not accessible before I close down the Select Field window...

Any ideas? Thanks!! Happy Holidays!!

Ed

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object msg after changing the Basic Company Layout

This may be due to your Windows font size settings. If you are using a font size greater than 96 DPI, this could be causing the error. To reduce to font size:

Windows XP

- Close all open programs

- Right-click on your Desktop and select Properties

- Click on the Settings tab

- Click on the Advanced button

- Under the General tab, change the value for "DPI Setting" to Normal Size (96 DPI)

- Click Apply, then OK, then reboot your machine

Windows Vista

- Close all open programs

- Right-click on your Desktop on select Personalize

- In the upper left, click Adjust font size (DPI)

- Select Default scale (96 DPI)

- Click Apply, then OK, then reboot your machine

-

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.