Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - Enter Phone Number (Format)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - Enter Phone Number (Format)

[ Edited ]

After having had some major problems with running an English version of ACT!9 on a German Version of Windows I finally installed a US Version of Windows XP (sp2). I at some point must have deleted the phone format of the "Germany Format". Now everytime I get to the phone field and click on the button to the right of the field (enter phone number) it pops up with the windows "country" "format" and "phone number". As soon as I change this field to "Germany" the Error Message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." pops up. If I then click on "Edit Formats" I get a second error "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Paramter name: index". 

Then the "Edit Phone Formats" Windows pops up for "Germany Formats". The list is empty i.e. the default "Free Form" option is missing. If I add a format and click "OK" it comes back with the original error message and when I go back in the list is empty again.

Any ideas what I can do?

I opened a new data base and imported the current one with the same results, i.e. no change.

You can also email me at gfl33" at " yahoo .com

Thanks for any help!!!

Gerd

Message Edited by GerdLammers on 05-16-2008 06:53 AM
Message Edited by GerdLammers on 05-16-2008 06:54 AM
Message Edited by GerdLammers on 05-16-2008 07:36 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - Enter Phone Number (Format)

just fixed this issue in 11.0 by searching for bad emails

bascially do a lookup of Email > Does Not Contain > @

we found 14 'bad' emails, corrected them then mail merge went through fine no errors

hope that helps

Scott Lahn
Sage ACT! Customer Support

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - Enter Phone Number (Format)

It helped me when the message popped up with a recent email merge (although the merged email addresses were all correct).