Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object ERROR!

Astute Commentator

Object reference not set to an instance of an object ERROR!

I posted this message in another area covering this subject.  Not sure if that is correct. I'm new here and would like some help in this issue.

I use windows 7 professional.  I am unable to sync my ACT contacts with OUTLOOK 2007 and I also do not have the ability to email mass or individual from ACT.  i did at one time... but have been dealing with this same issue for about a year of the 3 years I have had this program. 

I did utilize a fix6 at one time that did solve the problem but that was temporary fix. Once I closed and reopened the program it no longer sync or emailed. 

I have tried to utilize the fix again but the program tells me I already have that version of ACT.

Help please.

Kim

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ERROR!

kstuart,

Welcome to the Act! Community forum!

The post you made was to a thread that had not had a response in about a year.  Let me give you the short version of what that error means:

An error occurred when dealing with a system called Microsoft .NET Framework.  The .NET Framework did not find a specific cause for the error, so it went with the general error of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  It means it was looking for something that wasn't there.

What version of Act! are you currently using?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com