Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Act 2011

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Act 2011

J ust upgrade from ACT 2010 to ACT 2011  When starting ACT 2911 recieved message Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Act 2011 .After clicking ok ACT screen goes white and that where it stops. program can be closed. found reference to this message in the ACT 2011 beta information dated July 15th. Do not have access to this.

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Act 2011

I am having EXACTLY the same issue. I have found that I can open the database by attempting to open the demo database, then you at least have the option of selection "open database" and when I choose my real files it DOES open. PLEASE POST if you find a resolution to this issue.
Copper Elite Contributor

Hello,

Have either of you had a look at the knowledge base article listed below?

If the KB article dosen't help please post back here

http://tinyurl.com/25nb72s

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

yes. have looked at this message. This did not solve problem. My problem has been fixed. When upgrading from ACT 2010 to ACT 2911 the uninstall part that removes the old version did not completely remove all the components. Corrected problem by manually removing the items that did not get removed. I reinstalled the update and everything worked and now I have a running ACT 2011

Copper Contributor

I also have this problem (and I was also trying to upgrade from act 2010 to act 2011).  Could you please provide more details on what you did to get past this?

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================

Kurt:

I am simply trying to create a new database on a Windows XP 2003 Server and it keeps rejecting me.  Nothing in the Knowledge base is even close to helping me.  Can you assist further on this?  I am using Sage ACT! Pro 2011

Thank you