Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OMG - No option for 'Yesterday and Today' or 'Today and Past'

Copper Contributor

OMG - No option for 'Yesterday and Today' or 'Today and Past'

[ Edited ]

I can't believe this. When faced with a bunch of tasks, some in the past, some in the present and some in the future, Act 2012 gives me a total of FOURTEEN options, including Today and the Future. What is the one thing that we all really need? We need to be able to just see tasks that we've missed (yesterday) and tasks due today (today). Is that option there? Of course NOT! Who the heck designed this portion of the software doesn't actually USE a CRM. My heavens! When the programmer created Today and the Future how could it NOT occur to him that Today and the Past might be a good option out of 14 to have???? Please fix this obvious lapse immediately!!

Off my soap box. Thanks for listening.

[edit: subject line to match topic]

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: OMG - No option for 'Yesterday and Today' or 'Today and Past'

[ Edited ]

rvs053063 wrote:

... We need to be able to just see tasks that we've missed (yesterday) and tasks due today (today)...

Looks like you spent a lot of time on this post, in fact, about 10x more time than it took me to click "Custom", and choose the dates I wanted...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know you think that's funny, but it totally misses the point (unless I'm missing something). And I actually made a mistake in my post. Instead of 'Yesterday' what I meant was 'Past'. This could include a variety of to-dos over several past days or weeks. WHen you click on custom, you can choose the dates you want. But you have to every day go back in and CHANGE again the dates that you want, choosing a random date far enough in the past to capture all late to-do items. Hardly a solution when the reasonable thing would have been to simply add a drop down option for 'Past and Today'. That has to be used more than most of the other options they gave us. And the fact that they WERE thinking in this manner by creating 'Today and Future' it's clearly something they missed. Sorry, but I used to design UI's and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to keeping mouse clicks to a minimum.

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually agree, having a TODAY & PAST predefined filter should be there by default.

So much so that I have created a custom dashboard that shows in the top half of the screen all TODAY tasks, inthe bottom half of the screen all past tasks. Refer attached.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the dashboard. Very helpful!

Copper Contributor

There are other problems with selecting today filters in setting up group dynamic criteria.  If you say, don't include today, it includes today.