Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ODBC Read Only Access to ACT7 instance on SQL Server

ODBC Read Only Access to ACT7 instance on SQL Server

Hi,

I have Act! 2009 Version 11 with the Database located on SQL.  How can I get ODBC access to the tables so that I can extract live data into our other systems?

Regards

Dorian.

Mardak Ltd. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ODBC Read Only Access to ACT7 instance on SQL Server

If you have ACT! Premium, then you can use the ACT! Reader utility to create an ODBC connection. Please see KB Article 22989 for more information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply I don't have premium.  Is the reader something that can be purchased separately?

Regards

Dorian 

The ACT! Reader is a free product, however it cannot access a non-Premium database. An alternative would be to make an OLE/DB connection through Excel (or any OLE/DB compliant software). This is a more limited view than ODBC, but it will give you view access to the database tables. The instructions for setting this in up in Excel can be found in KB Article 14023.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi all,

Many thanks for the replys.  I have now managed to create my connection using the OLE/DB Driver and some scripting using the ADODB object.

Case closed.