Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE - with a BIG RED CROSS on my ACT screen

OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE - with a BIG RED CROSS on my ACT screen

I got this message a couple of times now. Both when I was replacing the values of a field after doing a query. The first time, I did a check and repair of my database. It seemed to work. Today, the sampe thing happened again - HELP!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE - with a BIG RED CROSS on my ACT screen

Hello mwolf,
This is usually due to a combination of a damaged ACT! preferences file and a conflict with your video settings. Please see if the steps in the following Knowledgebase article help resolve the issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1836...

In addition, you may need to adjust your video DPI setting. More information is in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE - with a BIG RED CROSS on my ACT screen

Thanks Greg. This actually happened during a VPN session - maybe that caused the video conflict?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Possibly - it may a bandwidth issue with the VPN. Has it happened with any other connection types (LAN, local)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

no it has not happened with any other connections