Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Number of Contacts ACT can hold?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Number of Contacts ACT can hold?

Hello,

I posted this yesterday.  I don't know what happened when I "added a new tag" and what that means.  I thought the question would appear again with my remarks to the answer.  If someone can let me know what to do, if anything, when the answer isn't sufficient, I'd appreciate it.  The question is as stated in the Subject.  I also would like to know if there is anything special needed to make long distance phone calls (Canada as well)? from ACT. I don't wish to pay for the CRM application, as I don't need a ton of sophistication regarding the calls. (I just noticed below the Tags (separate tags with spaces) text.  What it this?

Thanks much for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stuart S.
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Number of Contacts ACT can hold?

If your database is an SQL express edition you'll want to keep the db size under 4 gig's, for SQL standard the only limiting factor is the hardware. The actual number of contacts are irrelevent. Attachments tend to put the most weight on a database, a new contact only consumes ~1kb of space.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

The number of contacts is only limited by the hard drive. One of my clients has over 100,000 contacts in the database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Do watch though the number of COMPANIES you have, we have around 26,000 all associated with contacts and some functionality is very slow (eg building the lists in drop downs, associating an activity with a company etc)

Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stuart S.
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

If your database is an SQL express edition you'll want to keep the db size under 4 gig's, for SQL standard the only limiting factor is the hardware. The actual number of contacts are irrelevent. Attachments tend to put the most weight on a database, a new contact only consumes ~1kb of space.