05-11-2012 08:28 AM
I recently noticed a bug in the ACT Pro 2012 software and contacted technical support and was given a case number. The issue I am having is, when you make changes to a calendar entry in ACT and then sync with Google calendar integration, the changes are not updated on the Google side. However if you make changes on the calendar entry in Google, the changes are updated in ACT after syncing. The tech's tested the issue on their end and it shows that there is a bug in the software. Obviously the work-around will be to make the changes on the Google end.
I noticed the problem when attempting to enter the updated meeting location for my appointment in my car's navigation. It was a bit frustrating and I had to contact the other party to figure out the new meeting location. I couldn't understand why the changes were not made and spent some time trying to troubleshoot it.
So I have some questions, has anyone had this issue? How long does it take for the ACT team to role out updates? I prefer to make changes in act and simply view records on Google or iphone, so the sooner the better.
05-11-2012 12:02 PM - edited 05-11-2012 12:15 PM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I did some testing and this seems to be specific to the 'Location' activity field in ACT! and the 'Where' activity field in Google. The other fields seemed to sync fine both ways. A suggested workaround would be to put the location information in the Regarding field or the Details in ACT!.
I will report this issue to our development team for investigation and follow-up. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.