Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes

Notes

Hi,

Can someone tell me if the notes entered into ACT! 2010 are stored in a directory that can be exported? As much as we like the software it's not meeting our needs and while we intend to continue using it for our client contacts it's important we try to extract the notes that have been made thus far.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Notes

You can get a hard copy using a report. The Notes (or do you mean History) are stored in a separate database table but by itself would be fairly meaningless without the connection to the applicable contact record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the response. No, not the history...anything typed/entered into the 'Notes' tab. I think I forgot to mention we're using ACT! 2010.

Is there a way to say export the 'Notes' and connection to the contact record as a .csv or any other kind of Excel doc? Long story short...ACT! was being used as A/R software and now that we've converted most of the data we're still lacking the notes ....I'd love to be able to export the notes and connection to the contact record to.....something that we can use to migrate the data.

That would require a custom addon program to do that. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

[ Edited ]

Mike's right, but you'd have to clean up the rtf formatting though for notes.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator