Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes tab is missing in Contact detail view

Notes tab is missing in Contact detail view

Hi

The notes tab does not display when in the Contact Detail page. I've tried to add it via Design layout but the notes tab is not available, The only tab that can be created is called New tab1.

When I view the contact detail in Layout 800 x 600 the notes tab is visible.

Thanks for any and all help.

ACT 2008

Re: Notes tab is missing in Contact detail view

I am having the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

I am using Act! 2010

When I open Act! 10 now, i dont see the tabs at the bottom of the contact view page. I looked at design view and they are all there, so i cannot figure out why i cannot view them in contact view. Can anyone help?

I have had this same problem--Notes disappearing--intermittently since I installed Sage Act 2011 on my Windows 7 laptop in December 2010. For years I happily and effortlessly used Act 1999 with previous versions of Windows, but I was forced to upgrade this time--much to my disappointment.

Often when I open Sage Act now, the Notes on my contact page have disappeared. And it's not that the filters are incorrectly set. In fact, I can't even see the filters: they're gone too. To get the Notes back, I have to run "actdiag" and then delete my preferences and then re-open my database--a nuisance I would much prefer to avoid.

Why are the Notes intermittently disappearing and how can I avoid this problem? If I can't solve this problem, I will have to scrap my beloved Act program and find another contact-management solution.

Platinum Super Contributor

This sounds like the ACT! Preference files are becoming corrupted, this is often caused by a monitor's dpi setting being set to something other than the default.  Here is an article with further information/instructions: KB Article 26349

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

Pocket888 wrote:

Hi

The notes tab does not display when in the Contact Detail page. I've tried to add it via Design layout but the notes tab is not available, The only tab that can be created is called New tab1.

When I view the contact detail in Layout 800 x 600 the notes tab is visible.

Thanks for any and all help.

ACT 2008

Being that you can see them in the one layout, it seems safe to say it is not the DPI issue mentioned to the other user.

I don't have a machine handy with 2008 on it currently, but looking at 2011 you cannot delete the tab only Hide it...

Any chance you have it in the "Hide" column in the layout editor?

Having same problem.  Bought act in July, working along fine, now all notes are no longer visable. never changed any options.  notes show up on report.  called user help, was told to pay 99 dollars for advice.  dont have access to pay them and need to fix this.  suspect something was shut off or a bug is present.  don't like to pay to have someone fix their own bugs

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Plsfred,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If Notes are not showing up on the Notes tab, be sure to check your filters (Date = All Dates and Select Users = All Users)

Or
Are the tabs not visible?
Greg Martin
Sage

Finally have mine working again. for the techies, if this helps it seems like when I remotely use splash top to access my laptop my notes gets messed up