Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes are inserting into the wrong contact. Notes and Contacts are not synchronizing up!

Astute Commentator

Notes are inserting into the wrong contact. Notes and Contacts are not synchronizing up!

Sometimes, when I create a new contact, possibly by creating a new company without a contact name, insert a note, and hit okay sometimes that note is going under the wrong contact. This happened before with act and the solution ended up being: "this is a known problem, we are working on a hot fix, we will let you know when the hot fix is available."

I dealt with this problem for a long time until finally someone named Saravanan at ACT fixed it for me back on February 22, 2016 with a HotFix while I was on the phone with him at ACT Support. I am on Windows 10 using:

Act! Pro Version 18.0.501.0, Update 6
English (United States)

Is ACT aware of this problem happening again?

Is ACT working on a HotFix?

Administrator

Re: Notes are inserting into the wrong contact. Notes and Contacts are not synchronizing up!

Hi poweruser,

Please update to the latest version of Act! v18 (v18.2), and let us know if the issue still occurs.

You can download the update here. Look for: Act! Pro v18 SP2 Update - US

Astute Commentator

Re: Notes are inserting into the wrong contact. Notes and Contacts are not synchronizing up!

Thank you! I will look for Act! Pro v18 SP2 Update - US

and update, and get back to the forum afterwards.

I currently have: Act! Pro Version 18.0.501.0, Update 6

What are all these?

9/23/2016Act! 18.2 Update 4act1820update4.exe11.7 MBDownload
8/11/2016Act! 18.2 Update 2act1820update2.exe11.4 MBDownload
8/11/2016Act! 18.1 Update 5act1810update5.exe316 MBDownload
7/29/2016Act! 18.2 Update 1act1820update1.exe11.2 MB
Administrator

Hi poweruser,

Those are updates which can be installed separately to the service pack (SP). The latest one (Act! 18.2 Update 4) should also be downloaded and installed after updating to SP2.